Thursday, August 8, 2013

You're standing on my neck

After I re-watched the ending of Daria, TV movie Is it college yet? I realized something that made me cry more than the actual ending of the worlds greatest TV show: I'm not a Daria. A year ago or so, I was a Daria. Now I've evolved and turned into Quinn.

If you don't know what I mean, you might need a short introduction to Daria, which aired on MTV in the late nineties. You may do that by watching the first episode(s) or like every season and every movie and just love it because of Daria's constant deadpanning.

I used to have thick bangs and big glasses and mostly walked around in my boots avoiding talking to people because people are stupid, but since I got a boyfriend who stupidly enough made me happy I've turned into Quinn. I spend a lot of time in front of the mirror wondering if my nose is "too cute" and my bag is filled with various beauty stuff someone might need and I want to have cute pores. I shop and shop and stand in front of the Elizabeth Arden counter talking mineral foundations with the staff and I'm just so goddamn perky and jumpy and happy all the time. In my heart I'm still Daria, but things change and I've changed against my mind and tonight I'm dying my hair red. Eep!



E.E.

No comments:

Post a Comment