Thursday, September 19, 2013

Eggwhite facial? First impressions

Using egg white as a face mask has apparently been some kind of "tradition" in my country for like a hundred years. I did not know this. Well, now this girl named Victoria i.e. a company has made it into a soap which is actually quite a brilliant idea.

This soap is an egg white soap with lanolin and rose water which you work up a lather with and then smooth that lather all over your face and neck and let it sit for a humble five minutes before washing it off. In that short time it's supposed to draw out the impurities in your skin and the rose water will leave it super soft and smooth. I tried it just now while doing a at home spa treatment (post about that coming up tomorrow) and I'm quite pleased with it actually. It wasn't very hard to lather even though I kept wondering "is this a lather? how lathery should it be? do I need more lather? I'm just gonna go for it. I went for it. I don't think this is good enough. Oh whatever." My skin is now incredibly soft and feels fresh (although doesn't look much different) but it contains stuff that aren't ideal to me so I'm a bit dried out right now.

However, since this is a bar soap/mask it'll last for about seventy five years if used once weekly and it was very cheap. I would recommend this for now, but I can't give an honest opinion yet.

E.E.

No comments:

Post a Comment